First 5 Mendocino – We Are Here For You!
Are you aware of all the ways we are here for you?
At First 5 Mendocino we provide direct family support – we offer classes, distribute needed items, and supply parents with helpful kits.
We teach classes that use the principles of Triple P parenting (Positive Parenting Program), which is designed to help you and your family manage behavioral issues with more confidence. We offer 1-on-1 and group sessions in English and Spanish. We even offer a special Stepping Stones class, which supports families who have children with mental and physical delays.
We teach workshops using the Community Resiliency Model (CRM). This model helps people manage their stress and trauma. It also helps people understand their bodies and how to self-regulate. Often, these workshops can help people feel better and begin to make self-care a part of their routines. CRM workshops are free and easy to implement for all ages.
We also offer car seat installation checks. This is to make sure little ones are as safe as can be in the car. First 5 Mendocino also supplies emergency diapers and wipes as well as smoke alarms to any family in need.
You can order New Parent Kits through our website, free to all families. These kits are available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese. In these kits, you will find helpful information and resources such as:
- A parent guide on child health, nutrition, childcare, and brain development.
- A bilingual numbers book. This will help them learn to count and increase their vocabulary in English and Spanish. This is done by associating numbers with pretty pictures and touch elements.
- A guide on what to do when your baby gets sick. This is an easy-to-read book that answers questions many parents have about their child’s health and common illnesses. It also helps you decide when to treat an illness at home and when to call or see a doctor.
- An EDD Paid Family Leave brochure with information from the state Employment Development Department about Paid Family Leave.
- A magnet on poison control that shows important safety and emergency contact information.
- A WIC mobile app flyer to promote the use of their app.
- A reusable and colorful “Talk. Read. Sing.” tote bag.
Do you have questions about the support provided by First 5 Mendocino? Give us a call at (707) 462-4453. We are here to help.
Leave a Reply